From Batteries to Smooth Stones

 The battery in my wireless mouse ran out today.

We're out of AA batteries in our house.  No problem, right?  I'll just use the touch pad on my laptop instead.  Right?

Wrong.

I asked my son to use the battery from the remote of his brand new RC Jeep, since the Jeep is already broken.  He can't find it.

And all of the sudden, I'm spiraling.

Homeschool converts into house cleaning.  Still no remote, and I'm crying.  All because of a powerless computer mouse.


This morning for our history reading, we read about David's fearless act of killing Goliath of Gath. He had no fear because he knew his Defender.  

David remembered the promise that God made to his people way back in the days of Joshua, and he knew it was still true.

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."  Exodus 14:14 NIV

This promise has no expiration date.  God still promises to fight our battles for us today.


Where is my faith????  How can my life feel so out of control over things so trivial?


I have been in a season of heart healing for several months, and I keep telling myself that I have a long way to go.  But maybe that right there is what continues to stand in the way of my wholeness - the very fact that I expect to need so much more time and effort to heal.

God enabled David to slay Goliath with one single smooth stone - because he knew that God would do it.  Not that He could, but that He would.

Every time we call on the Holy Spirit to guide our hearts and minds, we are picking up a smooth stone, and rendering our enemy to his face on the ground before us.  It doesn't matter if the outcomes to our prayers of faith fit our expectations - God is bigger than finding a battery.  He's bigger than anything our enemy can threaten us with.


Before David slayed that giant, he taunted the people of Israel for 40 days with threats and accusations.  When David showed up, it was Day 1 for him - he was immediately exasperated by those threats, stood on the promise of God, and took action on the enemy.

What will we choose to do today?  Will we stand on the promise of God, and slay our enemy on Day 1?  Or will we cower in fear, and let the Enemy stall us?


Today,  I choose to lay hold of the Promise of God.

Jesus, thank you that you promise to have plans to  prosper me and give me a hope for my future.  Thank you that you have made me a new creation.  I choose, now, to live as the Creation you made me to be.  I am new, and whole, and made to worship YOU!


Today, I will not bow at the altar of fear, anxiety, loss, or regret.

Jesus, thank you for ordering my steps.  Help me to find clarity in my mind, focus for the tasks in front of me, and joy in every moment.  I choose, now, to pick up a smooth stone and sling it at my enemy. I say that my flesh has no power to distract or derail my day.  I have a new and fresh mind under the creative power of Jesus, and I WILL use it.  Satan has no hold on me - Jesus is my ROCK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Key Testimony

Naming the Rainbow

Prophetic Full-Circles